Check these out
Do you have an entertaining or useful blog or personal website? If you'd like to see it listed here, send the URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give us your Pawnee Rock news, and we'll spread the word.
Pawnee Rock demographics
Here's a look at Pawnee Rock by the numbers.
(Back to the City main page.)
• The population in 2011 was 252, according to the Kansas Directory of Elected Officials. That's a 29 percent decline since 2000.
• The estimated population in July 2004 was 341.
• That's a 4.2 decline from 2000, when the population was 356.
• In 2000, the residents' median age was 32.4 years.
• Elevation of the city: 1949 feet. The top of Pawnee Rock (the park) is about 2,000 feet.
• The land area is 0.3 square mile.
Races in Pawnee Rock
• White Non-Hispanic: 95.5%
In 2000, Pawnee Rock had 162 houses, 134 of which were occupied. Of those, 105 were owner-occupied and 29 were rentals.
• The median household income was $38,393.
• The median house value was $28,900.
• Median price for vacant for-sale houses: $13,800
• Median rent for vacant for-rent houses: $225
Place of birth
Pawnee Rock's U.S.-born residents reported being born in:
• Kansas: 322
(No, the figures don't add up to the town's 2000 population of 356, but this is how they're listed.)
Highest education level for men and women 25 years and older.
Source: All this demographic information was compiled by the U.S. Census Bureau.
Advertise here to an audience that's already interested in Pawnee Rock:
Or tell someone happy birthday.
Advertise on PawneeRock.org.